Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Love/Hate Relationship With Life

Ever have those days when Irony rears her little head, ready to catch you at just the right (read: wrong) moment?  How about those days when she decides to keep at it, nearly cackling in her maniacal, little way?  Yes, she and I go way back.  Far, far too far back!

Rather frustrated, on the days when I actually have the positive mindset required to finally get in there and get stuff done, and then my body decides to be annoyingly stubborn and retaliate!  Ugh!

~ Whew ~  Pardon that little vent-fest!  One of the main purposes behind the creation of this blog was to show the world that they are not alone when they struggle.  There are other reasons, too, but really I wanted to let you know, that there are other people out there who face the challenge that every day can bring. 

Why am I that crazy, that I would throw myself out there?  Because I have had times when the knowledge that what I was fighting just to endure was not something completely unique to the world.  Some of it, yes, or close to it, but mostly not.  And even if it was or is unique, there are many people who understand that daily battle just to survive.  And that can the difference between giving up and taking another step or two.

So I guess what I'm saying is this: you matter.  To me, you are worth my potential humiliation.  If by my sharing such deeply personal experiences (because for me, sharing *anything* about myself is a challenge by itself), one person can feel they can take another step on the path of their life... then who am I to withhold that?! 

And so, I write.  And often these posts are written late (or early) in the deep recesses of night, while the rest of my time zone sleeps (or wishes to do so).  After all, if one finds one's self awake at that time, and has little else one is very capable of doing, one might as well do things that during the daylight hours one has little courage to do, but that can be constructive.

Better day tomorrow!





No comments: