Sunday, September 1, 2013

Woohoo! A Good Day! Gotta Celebrate That! *\o/*

        I have to admit, the past, several weeks (read: months) have been rather tough for me.  Summer has always been such an energizing, uplifting time of the year for me, in the past.  I fully expected that this summer would bring with the sunshine much lifting of my spirits and energizing of my being.  Not sure what the blast happened, though.

        However, as with many issues with chronic pain and illness, one is likely going to have days that are better than others, and today was one of those wonderful days!  Yay! lol
       
        Today I was able to get up, do my physical therapy warm-ups for the day (honestly I can't function without doing those every day!), and get started.

        I swept the carpet on the stairs, landing and living room (which is a bigger job than it sounds, really, but must be done because one can't even run a vacuum before being rid of the majority of my rather long hair, which clogs the brushes).

       I then did some light dusting.

        I have also been using the baking soda "shampoo"/vinegar and lemon juice "conditioner" method for about a year now, which means I have to refill the bottles when they are empty, which they were today, and which I thus filled today.

        I then had to clean the spilled baking soda from the bathroom sink, because of course since baking soda makes a great scrubbing medium, I am not concerned about missing when I fill the bottle.  So I cleaned the bathroom sink area.

        I came downstairs, and realized that the kitchen sink was empty (Hubs does the dishes - yay!), so I got the sink and garbage disposal all cleaned and smelling purty, too!

        Whew!  So now I'm sitting at my desk, hoping like mad that my body behaves and doesn't make a fuss about it all.  I know that I could have just assured that the rest of the day, and even a couple more days, could be a bit miserable, but I think it's a good thing to push a bit beyond the line, so that one strengthens whatever one can.  (I'm also counting it as my exercise for the day, making two pool clinic visits, one walk in the park, and then this as my exercise for the week!)

         Okay, you now have the run-down of my day, so far.  I hope you enjoyed it!  Hopefully I'll have more energy to devote to the PB project, for a while, too.  Here's to hoping!

        Better day tomorrow, my friends!


No comments: