Sunday, October 13, 2013

Finding A Tricky Balance, With Help

        Often times, finding the balance between never giving up, and accepting what is, can be tricky.
When it seems like all your attempts at moving forward simply keep you from moving backward at as quick a pace...it can be daunting.

        And yet, it seems as though we have continued to try.  After all, so far, our survival has had 100% success!  Clearly we've done something right!  And if we can do one thing right, surely we can do more.  Who's with me? ;-)

        Yes, I know it's just a smidgen more complex than that.  But still, even so, we have to start somewhere.  If we make a goal and start on the path toward achieving it, that start is more than you had before you started, right?  Which means, after that, any step forward is an accomplishment!

        Okay, so no, I'm not always so sunshine cheerful.  I try to put a positive into every negative, partly as a survival tactic.  In those moments when my psyche has reached the point of losing hope in the positive, I have a support network in place to help me find something to soothe, comfort or bring a smile back into my heart!  Those people who have helped pull me through those moments are indescribably important people who have earned the Golden Star of Friendship in my heart, and for whom I am deeply and honestly grateful.  I highly recommend gathering a support network of this kind. 

        In the interest of fairness and open honesty, I should probably admit that I've kinda been struggling, again.  This is a rough time of year for me, as memories begin to hit around the times when painful things have happened, as well as losing that precious sunlight I've missed since summer, when once again, damage to my poor, annoying body has kept me out of the light and joy I try to wrap around me, inside and out.  That network has been so, very needed, and so, very instrumental in my survival and whatever improvement I've seen.  I can only hope I can either pay it back or pay it forward, in some way, at some time.

        On the PB Facebook page, this past week or so, I've been encouraging people to get a jump start on that US tradition of celebrating gratitude as we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, in November.  I recognize that other countries have their own ways and times at which they honor and celebrate things that are important to them as a culture (um... Happy Thanksgiving weekend, Canada lol!), but for the USA, that time is most concentrated around November.

        I digress... 

        Many Americans begin making daily lists of the things for which they are grateful, beginning at the first part of November, as a way to refocus on the positive and embrace a more grateful existence.  My thought has been...why start in November?  Why not try to be more grateful, even if its just a few weeks before the "expected" time?  How much richer could our lives be, if we chose to face each day, grateful for something we might not have considered before?

        There were many who supported this idea, and I've had a fair few who have chosen to participate, which gives me a few things to add to my gratitude list!  To know that there are people out there wanting to celebrate things like friends, family, favorite recipes, the ability to walk (which is also something I've treasured lately, as I'm still struggling to regain and maintain it), the sunshine, the laughter of children...so many things, some creative!  It fills me with renewed hope in life, love and goodness in this poor, tattered world!

        You're welcome to join us, if you'd like.  Sometimes seeing what others have to say can both introduce us to new ideas, and remind us of what is important in life.  I think its amazing when I find that people I've never even met come to unite in friendship with people whom they don't know, but want to participate in creating a more united and positive world, one step at a time.  We are stronger when we walk the path together.

        If I'm sounding a bit like a promo, that wasn't my intent.  I just find this Project is filling my life with wonder and little sparks of joy that I would love to share with anyone who would like to try it, with us!  That's really all there is to it. 

        Anyway, thanks for reading this far.  I'm still amazed anyone reads this at all lol!  I hope it helps someone, at any rate.

        Better day tomorrow, my friends.




3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Phoenix and The Butterfly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Phoenix and The Butterfly said...

*editor's note* My apologies to Janine, who now looks as though she posted something rude or vulgar in the comments. It was actually really sweet, but I'm having one of those days, accidentally deleted her comment and my reply, and just wanted any other readers to know she said nothing wrong! *sigh* Better day for everybody LOL!