Friday, October 18, 2013

Phenomenal Umbrella Research!

        Yesterday at the pool clinic, there was some interesting discussion on Fibromyalgia that proves that no matter how quickly modern medicine find answers, there will always be a problem getting the answers out properly to everyone, no matter the topic.

        The PT said Fibro is "like an arthritis of the muscles and soft tissues".

        One patient insisted it was an autoimmune disease.

         I know many who think it's...something not very flattering, related to the patient's mental/physical health and lifestyle. 

        The rheumatologist who helped me last year, told me that researchers are actually finding that "Fibromyalgia" is actually an umbrella term for at least three, different conditions, and that while the research is still very new, what they're finding is rather fascinating, on many levels, to various areas of health and development. 

        As I've had to research the findings of their research (and those of others in a growing number of other areas) this past while, I have to say I can't help but be left in awe at the wonder of the thing that is the human body, and how it's phenomenal form and function...can go so phenomenally wrong.

        Though, if only stigma could keep up with truth, we'd be halfway there!

Better day tomorrow, my friends.




No comments: