Sunday, November 17, 2013

So... Now What?

        Come on in!  Don't be shy!

        Don't mind the bits and pieces of broken posts here and there; I've been in a bit of a mess since I learned to breathe, but hopefully things will smooth out and my thoughts will come out clean and clear, free of dyes and unnecessary perfumes, the way I would like them, soon enough!

        Can it really be soon enough?

        I really have no idea if this one will get published.  Started at 5:30 am, this thing will probably make no sense at all.  But the past, couple posts were especially heavy, so I thought I'd see what I could do to keep things moving along.

That just got me thinking...

What kind of insomniac are you? 

Are you the happy-go-lucky, center-of-the-party insomniac?

Perhaps the darkly-sad insomniac; weeping into your pillow after the world has closed its eyes?

What about the ornery, angry insomniac, sure to pick fights - and finish them?

Or maybe you're the marathon insomniac; letting your insomnia take over your life, ruin your health, wreak havoc with your job and your relationships, til someone who loves you calls for an intervention?

Might you just be the occasional insomniac; a little here and a little there, mostly just for social reasons?

Maybe you're the closet insomniac, covering every trace of your insomnia using whatever means necessary, be it extra makeup, caffeine...whatever it takes to keep from being discovered?

Are you the kind of insomniac that helps enable others, encouraging them to join you, using peer pressure?

Have you ever tried to quit?  Have you tried the pills and the meditations and the deep breathings and the dim lights and the soothing sounds and the other 1001 Ways to Beat Insomnia...and yet find yourself even still, unable to stop? 

Are you a consciousness monger?  Can you just not get enough time in your day to be awake?  Does the thought of a nap bring chills to the back of your neck or tears in your eyes? (Sure that wasn't a yawn?)

You know...awareness is key, but acknowledging the problem is a great step in the right direction!

        Oh look, its 6 am and I'm falling asleep!  Oh well, I guess maybe we'll hope to see each other when eyes are open and stuff isn't in the way!

        Better day, my friends.





No comments: