Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Moment to ~ Breathe ~


Life doesn't come with perfect one-size-fits-all instructions.
It doesn't come with guarantees.
There are no returns, refunds, nor exchanges.
There isn't even an email address to contact Customer Service.

Okay, I'm not getting into that one.  That's a philosophical debate for another blog.
       
        Lets face it; there are moments when those conditions make us rethink not really hashing over the Fine Print.  We could just walk out on our end of The Agreement, but that comes with a huge severance cost, and really, is that a cost we're willing to add, when they start going after those who love and care about us, for Collections?
 
        Sometimes it doesn't seem worth worrying about all the stupid, annoying details.  But at other times, it feels more like, what have we to lose, by sticking with the payments just a little while longer, and seeing how it works out?
     
        I can't exactly give you the answer about that.  I mean, we all know what we're "supposed" to say, and so what good am I gonna do, parroting what we've all likely heard a gazillion times before?
 
        Sometimes, life just hurts.  Omg, how it can hurt!  And sometimes, it's nice to have someone finally be brave enough to come out and say it.  Yeah, sometimes life feels like it's becoming so heavy, with more and more just piling on, til it feels like the very soul is being crushed til it can barely breathe, and begs for mercy.

        Not that I would understand what that's like.  Nope.

        While it's true, that this Project began as, and has always focused on being, a source of connection for those who feel like their experience can't be understood/accepted/whatever else...and it is still intended as such...sometimes, it's just not going to be about the *warm-fuzzies* of hope and silver linings and looking forward to the rainbows.  Because I'm human, and even if I wasn't dealing with my own, stupid Payment Plan, my experience has taught me that facing reality is sometimes more important than attempts to stay on the bright side.
 
        After all...the deeper, darker colors of the image of our lives help to give texture and contrast.  While I'm not a fan of staying there...there is a night, and a colder season, and shadows in sunlight, and a dark side of the moon.
 
        So tonight...I'm just here in the coolness of a deep darkness, trying to let my soul breathe.
        And maybe I can find more light in the coming day, when I rise to greet it.

        Better says ahead, my friends.






No comments: