Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Bursting a Tiny Boundary

        I really don't have anything in particular to say.  You're welcome to move along.  I'm just gonna be thinking out loud, anyway, so you probably have more important things to do.

        Ahem.

        There's your warning.

        ;)

        Actually, the only reason I'm creating this post is for that very reason: I don't have anything in mind to say.  Writers, poets, artists of anything, really, hate those "down times" when the mind, heart, psyche, etc., goes flat for a while, and it seems like no matter what they try, it just ain't gonna happen.  I've heard that the best cure is...to just keep doing it til the energy returns.

        Do you have an opinion about that?  I'm just curious, and since you've read down this far, clearly you might be one who could possibly have answers...because you're the kind of person who searches out beyond the established boundaries.  Good for you!

        So...do you?  Have an opinion, I mean?

        I did say I wanted to keep this thing real, so I guess a post like this is bound to happen, once in a while.  I guess that's why the Monday, personal challenge has been such a gift to me; for some reason, it gave me a foundation, so I could have something to which to direct whatever energy I have left.

        But I don't want it to just be about that book.  I want it to be about helping you, the reader, find what answers you need, too.

       I was pondering the concept of the "meaning of life" yesterday.  Never mind the why.  I was thinking about what I would have to tell someone if they asked me what it was.  I realized that my answer would have to be:

        I can't give it to you. 

        The purpose of life, is to find your meaning of it, and no one can discern that answer but yourself.  The answer I might have found, might not apply to you, because our circumstances, perspectives, talents, preferences, etc., are very different.  You can't give me my answer, either.  One's own meaning of life is a very personal, very intimate thing between one and one's innermost heart.

        This, my friends, is why I could never be a guru, even if I wanted to.  Which I don't.  Mostly, I just throw stuff out there and you can read it, believe it, or leave it.  I guess I just feel like my journey cannot have been in vain; my struggles, my laughter, my tears...everything I am, was, were, is, are, be, being, been...oh, wait, this isn't English class! 

        Pardon me, as I got a little carried away there.  I don't think anyone wants to leave this life, having never made a significant impact on it, in some way.  I've no idea if my random ramblebabbling will ever amount to anything, but it has even less chance of proving I was worth something, if I never do it.

        I've made the comment, elsewhere, that if something keeps coming to your mind and it seems to haunt you every time something like this gets discussed...and somehow you're heart just feels this deep craving that makes you long to have it happen...maybe that's your potential whispering to you. 

        Maybe it's time you do something, even if it's a small something.  Do an internet search for it, or something related to it.  Let images, thoughts, ideas...just let them gather and build.  Talk to someone about it.  Look around and picture where it might fit in your world...do something, even if it's just a little something.  What have you to lose?  What have you to gain?

        Well, there you go.  A post about having little to say.  I guess it really does ring true - get me going, and just see where I get going.  SoCk Moment, anyone?  Oh well.  Maybe I just need to sleep.  It is 3 am where I am.  Again.  I've heard this sleep fad is really taking the world by storm.  I'm not big on fads, but one must cave once in a while!

        Better days ahead, my friends. <3



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear TPATB,

A beautiful piece of writing. I enjoyed the natural flow and rhythm. I also enjoy your lightness and humour. It's something I try to include in my writing. (my blog at http://awesomeselfhealing.com/ is only just getting started.) I'll have to look up the SoCK moment reference though, as I'm not familiar with this. Strange "coincidence" but I did write a blog post about socks and pulling them up! Thanks again for this blog and for your uplifting Facebook community page, which is how I found you. There's a link of the phoenix in my choice of website name as well. (ASH). I'm still trying to finish my fantasy story, which has a phoenix in it, though not the usual variety exactly. Thanks again
Jenny at Awesome Self Healing

The Phoenix and The Butterfly said...

Jenny, thank you so much for your kind words! I'm going to have to peek over to your blog, because it sounds lovely! :)

The reference to SoCk moments is actually kind of silly, because it actually refers back to a blog I originally started, before the PB Project began. It was mostly a place to throw my quirky humor, but as time went by, and my life (internal and external) changed, I and my readers realized that my humor was slowly seeming to fade, and I was getting more pensive. I had created this blog (PB) previous to the transition, but it had pretty much just sat here for a few months, as I then couldn't figure out what to do with it. When I got the "scare yourself every week for a richer, more fulfilling life" newsletter, somehow The Phoenix and The Butterfly burst into life!

If you would like to know more about the SoCk Moments project, there are two posts (the beginning two) that kind of give an introduction to the idea behind it all.

http://sockmoments.blogspot.com/2011/02/hi-world.html
http://sockmoments.blogspot.com/2011/02/ramblers-anonymous.html

I've been hoping to have that lighthearted, quirky humor come back to me, and I've not given up on it yet. :) We all have periods of different phases, and I suppose this just happens to be a different phase of my life, at the moment.

Thank you again for your sweet words. Best of good fortune in your endeavors!
PB

The Phoenix and The Butterfly said...

Jenny, I've finally had a chance to look over your link, and hadn't realized it is a company website. :) The PB Project is not a business, but a personal adventure which I choose to share with those who wish to walk the path with me a while. I appreciate your compliments, and thank you for reading and for following me on the PB FB page. :) It is always nice to get positive feedback! ~ PB