Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Revelation of A Lifetime

Okay, gonna break down and just admit it to you.

I know, you didn't expect it, but I hope you can try to understand.

It isn't an easy thing to be, but I don't know how to be anything else but what I am.

It isn't something I can just grow out of.

There isn't a way to just "try not to be" it.

It is what I am, and I'm just going to have to live with it.

Can you live with that, too?

Will you forgive me for the disappointment,
and the struggle to try to accept and love me, anyway?

Do you have it in your heart, not to judge me unfairly through the stereotypes,
but try to see the real me, inside?

Because really, inside of me, I'm still the same as I ever was.

I've always been the same,
but you just might not have realized all there is to know about me.

How can any of us really know the truth within each other?

Any of us; we only really know what we see, and we only see what is shown.

...or what we choose to see.

But it's always been a part of me, and if you can't accept me, knowing it, then I'm sorry.

I'm sorry, but you'll just have to not accept me, and go on your way.

Because the truth is...

...the truth is...

*sigh*

The truth is:
I'm...human.
I make mistakes.
I don't always make the right choices.
Sometimes I don't make sense.
Sometimes I make choices that cause negative consequences.
There are times I don't like being human,
but I don't have the means to be anything else.
I know there are times I hurt others,
but I try to never do it intentionally.
My heart is good,
even if my head gets a little scrambled at times.

So...I'm sorry.  But human is all I can be, and I hope you'll accept me for what I am.

Better days tomorrow, my friends.



©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly


No comments: