Monday, June 2, 2014

A Matter of Moments, Milestones, and Mental Meanderings

        Here we are, at Week 18 of my Motivational Mondays, personal challenge, and I must say that this past week, as I compose this, I'm doing a whole heckuvalot better than I was last week!  Actually, better than I have been for...a while. 

        This week's question is perfectly timed, actually...so let's get into the fun, hmm?

        For this week, Christine has a lovely quote for us.  Oddly enough, on the PB FB community page, I shared this quote, without realizing it was being used, here!


"Life isn't a matter of milestones, but moments."

~ Rose Kennedy


And then, as she explains her perspective, she asks the following:


What moments are you going to focus on,
and enjoy, this week?


        How about the moments I'm not stuck in the physical, mental and emotional abyss that is the darker side of Bipolar Disorder, flavored with autoimmunity and chronic pain, and seasoned with the heartache of grief due to the death of a dear friend and other, personal loss?  This past, several weeks, I tell ya...so yeah, seeing blue skies, in the world and in my life, is a welcome relief (even if it did give me a sunburn and a touch of hypomania)!

        I tend to be a fairly positive person, by nature, when not plummeted into the depths, not of my own accord.  To have survived to tell the tale, I'd pretty much have to be.  So seeing sunshine and flowers, living creatures returning to the world and green spreading all over, is a source of relief and joy!  We survived another winter, my friends (of the Northern Hemisphere)!

        I have a bit of a semi-random (SoCk) moment here...

I was chatting with a friend in IM, and he told me:

"I did something stupid."

To show my current head space, my response:

"Yay!" I replied.

"LOL!" He said.  "I love your response!"

"Well," said I, "I say, if you're going to do something stupid, you might as well celebrate it!"

        So there's your answer!  Well, maybe my answer isn't exactly, I'm going to focus on and enjoy doing something stupid! Ahem.  I do want to focus on life, light and humor returning to my world.  I hope it lasts!

       Better days ahead, my friends!

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly
©The Phoenix and The Butterfly



No comments: