Monday, July 7, 2014

I Think I Need a Vacation!

Week 23 on this personal challenge has kinda just... well, at least I did it, right? lol!  Let's just say it's a great demonstration of the point of this post!

Christine's quote and question are:

"A vacation is like love -
anticipated with pleasure,
experienced with discomfort,
and remembered with nostalgia."

~ Author Unknown

What will you do to "vacation" this year?

        Vacation, huh?  What a strange and foreign concept!  Been a while since we did something like that, at our place!  I'll admit, though: such experiences are definitely as this quote describes!  Can't wait to go; sometimes uncomfortable while there...especially in terms of dreading the time to go back home; and then the memories can fill the heart and mind with moments of feelings, from fondness to longing.

        What is the meaning of the word, "vacation" (or, "holiday", for those who don't use the predominantly American term)?

        My "English Wordnet" says:
vacation (n)
leisure time away from work devoted to rest or pleasure
"we get two weeks of vacation every summer"
"we took a short holiday in Puerto Rico"
        According to my handy, dandy English thesaurus, the word's synonyms are:

vacation
[N] (Leisure): leisure, convenience, spare time, free time, time on one's hands, holiday, vacation, relaxation, rest, ease.
[N] (Rest): repose, rest, sleep, relaxation, breathing time, halt, stay, pause, break, intermission, interlude, respite, holiday, vacation, week-end, recess.
        Doesn't sound so bad, to me!

        However... I'm afraid this is one of those times I'm gonna have to admit that I'm human, and this time, while I've thought about it all week, I just don't have any answer.  In fact, while I've always been pretty good at finding creative ways to "fake" things like that... this year, I'll just have to see what opportunities come along.  I'll keep my eyes open, but I'm not going to make a full-time stress over the idea of time off! :P

        Enjoy the week, and better days ahead, my friends.

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

No comments: