Monday, July 21, 2014

The Good, The Bad, and The Memorable

        lol!  Perfect topic for a week I forget to write the post until it's due to post.

        Well, I never said I was perfect at this. ;)

        This week's topic in my personal challenge to accomplish a year of "Motivational Mondays" is one that resonates with me on several levels! 

        Week 25's quote is this:

"I've learned that 
people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget 
how you made them feel."

~ Maya Angelou

And then Christine adds:

Be memorable!
How do you make other people feel?

        Even aside of my memory troubles (in general; not just about the occasional post!), my life has led me to be rather "in the moment", which has allowed me to mindfully reduce anxiety, depression and generally improve my perception of life.  It has become easier to just let things go.  Letting things go is generally a more healthy option...so say all the "experts", anyway! ;)

        When I think back to those who influenced my life most, Christine's comments in the section ring true for me.  One, particular idea is that there is always an emotion attached to stronger memories, which I've not considered that way before.  Interesting, don't you think?

        My teachers who connected with a part of me in ways I needed it; friends who influenced my self-image and -esteem; experiences when social situations left a poignant, residual, emotional memory.  Experiences with (or without) my parents.  Various performances that left me feeling strongly that things went wrong, or right.  So many memories, all tied to emotions.

        I suppose to answer her question...there is no way to read others' minds, so I'd have to say that I can only hope that the influence I have on other people is positive.  More than anything, I want people to feel like their existence matters, and that they are not alone in their experiences, whether I experience them, also, or not.  I want their lives to be touched by unconditional love and a measure of support.  I want it all to be in healthy ways, but I do want to be a part in it.

        So there is that.  Take it or leave it. ;)

        Better days ahead, my friends. <3

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly


No comments: