Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Sincere Thank You! And Full Steam Ahead!

        When something amazing and wonderful comes along, it's important to not only feel grateful, but to openly acknowledge it.  Therefore, this post is dedicated to something that has been just like that!

        About a year ago, I was trying to think of how on earth I was going to be able to keep content coming on this blog project.  I had created the blog some time before I actually started using it, and I was concerned that it would be there, but go nowhere, despite my really feeling strongly that I wanted it to be something that could do some kind of wonderful, whatever that was.  I honestly didn't know if that was possible, but I did have hopes.

        When some friends encouraged me to create the PB Facebook Community Page, it was mostly just supposed to be something small, that allowed us to share some creative ways to share light and positive energy between us.  I didn't really know about groups on FB, so I created a Page instead.  How was I supposed to know that when I worked on sharing things from other Pages, somehow things would begin to grow?  I remember that first Like that I didn't know, and being in such shock, I didn't know what to do!  It became terribly intimidating, and it continued to be for some time, as I saw people continue to Like and follow the Page!

        So then... I had two problems!  I didn't know what to do with the blog, and I felt an increasing sense of pressure to keep the Page going, because more and more people were connecting with it!  One day, a solution presented itself!  In the Page Feed, I was scrolling through, trying to find some posts worth sharing, and noticed that there was a book being promoted that contained weekly bits of wisdom and questions geared toward giving one's week a more positive start.  I thought, a post a week sounds possible!  And so began a search to find out who this Christine Morgan was, and how to ask her permission to use "Motivational Mondays" in my blog.

        Christine, being a lovely and caring person, responded very positively, and kindly gave me permission, so that I could begin my personal challenge, even if it was a number of weeks late.  Ahem.  And that is how it began!
        So I want to give a heartfelt and very sincere thank you to Christine, and the many things she does to help others succeed.  As I face the future, I hope to continue the habit of doing regular, weekly posts, geared toward helping myself, and perhaps others, to look "outside the box" of our regular lives, and perhaps find ways to be better, and do better, than we've done before.  Who knows, we might even find a little joy in there, somewhere! ;)

        (By the way....there was more in the book...but I'm not giving it all away! ;) )

        Better days ahead, my friends!

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly




©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

No comments: