Monday, July 20, 2015

A Quick Restart and Old SoCks

        This week's post is going to be a bit unusual, because my brain needs a clean restart and unfortunately those don't easily come along every day, if you're not actually a computer.  Therefore, I'm just going to post something a little more fluffy and see if that allows my brain to do whatever it is that it needs to do.  

        But I did find a quote for that, too. ;)

How do you restart something that had never been turned off?

~ Veronica Rossi, Under the Never Sky

        Just so you know, I usually have no idea the context in which these quotes were originally made.  I really just either find a quote that fits my intent, thoughts and/or mood; or look through quotes til I find something that feels right.  In this case, it was a bit of both.  I was looking for "quotes about starting over", because that was what I was doing, and found this one, which fit in a sort of tongue-in-cheek way. 

        You see, I had actually written a post almost to completion, reflecting some thoughts and feelings related to some experiences I've been having lately, but while I may return to that again sometime, it just couldn't come out right, no matter how I tried to say it.  So, with about 9 hours left before the publishing/posting time, I have begun again, without any idea where to start this restart of sorts.  It isn't that I've been not working on a post - I merely needed to start over, and was getting nowhere with that, too!

        When I saw this quote, it was perfect, because it allowed my mind to jump into more of a humor mode, which is probably exactly where it needed to go.  Sometimes a smile, no matter how weird it feels to smile, nor how small a smile it is, is precisely what is needed, so there you go.

Not that I have anything to say, really.
But I wanted to say something.
So I'm now dedicating this post, to starting nothing,
but with purpose and direction.

Yes, it is possible.  I'm proving it, aren't I?

        This is starting to sound vaguely like a project I was doing before I started the PB Project.  Actually, if you want to click that link, you'll probably want to start here, instead, as that is the very beginning of said project and helps actually illustrate how it all started.  Actually, read the second one too, because it explains why it started.  I could explain it but sheesh... I already have!  And what is the point of restarting something that was already started?

        I guess, if you've now read those two posts and understand why this relates, I don't actually have anything else to say (not that that ever stops me from saying more).  That blog was intended to have been merely put on hold, because the posts were getting more serious and comments were coming that were mentioning that the tone had changed and I didn't want it to be that way.  I created the PB blog (the one you're now reading), but hadn't done more than a post that said that the blog had been begun but I had no idea what I was doing with it, but stay tuned and maybe I'd have more to say, later.

Clearly, I had more to say, later!  

        But the tone of my life had changed, and while the insomnia has never, truly abated, I've not been able to get my ramblebabbling back, quite the same way, and while I continue to hope to get back to that kind of me, for now you get the me that is currently (or was at the time) composing this post.  I hope you don't mind.  I guess I had begun to restart something that had never been turned off.  It's just nice to note that while time shifts and changes us, we can sometimes look back and see that change isn't always a bad thing, but remembering the depth of the changes can be interesting and allow us to realize that we, too, have depth.  

        I suppose if I were to add some *warm-fuzzy* moral to the story of this post... I'd just say that if you feel like you or your life have changed in ways that you may not entirely like, that doesn't necessarily mean that the change is all bad, nor are you.  Sometimes life just does what life will do, and makes things different.  But we do, after all, have the choice to make of those changes the best we can.  And quite frankly, I don't think I've done terribly by the choices I've made, with regard to my projects, anyway.  You've read to the end of this post, and that says a lot, I think.  However they turn out...

        Better days ahead, my friends!

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly



No comments: