Monday, September 19, 2016

Well, That Was Unexpected!

        This was something I was going to post to those in my more personal life, elsewhere, and thought I might as well share it here, and then share this, there.  I've been feeling so brain dead lately, and I wrote this whole, freakin' thing, so why not?  Might as well know me for me, World! lol!

        So, here we go...

        I've been really shy about sharing stuff related to the PB Project, here, but that kinda goes against my whole, "Let people see who I am and decide for themselves," thing I challenged myself I would do, this year.  I've been really good about some things, some places, but not so much others. :-/ So... here.

        A week or so ago, I warned The Phoenix and The Butterfly that I was going to be starting a new series of posts like the ones I do every year around now, but this time they would be different.  I just didn't say what it would be...partly because I've now freaked myself out about it, and am trying to not cower out. LOL!  People have let me know they're looking forward to the surprise, which means I now have to follow through with one.  I now have the first part of it scheduled for tonight in place of the weekly blog post**, mostly because my brain is dead and I can't think of anything to write to the blog. Eek!

        While I was sick a couple of weeks ago I decided to make some things to replace the kinds of gratitude prompts I would normally post this time of year, just to make things a bit more concrete, and allow people to share, if they felt so inclined, since several people shared the text posts, last year.  I look at these now and think I must have been out of my mind, because they feel stupid, even though I know a lot of people will think they're great, and I always feel stupid and nervous and dorky and dumb when I go risk something, especially the things that I think matter and could help someone!  I kinda grew up with that mentality, so I adopted it without meaning to, even though it is the very opposite of the kind of soul I carry.  Actually, that part of me that is opposite is the part that keeps me moving forward even though the rest of me feels so idiotic!

        I've told the story about how the PB Project kinda got moved along because of an article I read about how, if you want to live a more fulfilling, satisfying life, you need to scare yourself out of your comfort zone at least once a week.  For some, that's parachuting out of a rocket.  For others, it's giving a speech in a meeting.  For some, it's trying to learn a new skill.  For others, it's trying to meet someone new.

        For me, some of it is sharing new things I think are valuable to people even if I know the things are unusual or not often understood/accepted, and people could think down on me for it.  And some is trying to let people around me know who I really am, even though they could reject or abuse me because of it.  Sounds weird, I guess, but it's true.

        But I guess most people are that way.  How well do you know the souls of those around you - even those closest to you?  Those who go around opening their souls and offering their vulnerability are often portrayed as oddballs and freaks, at least in the American culture; commonly thought of as philosophers, poets, artists, and people who are ethereal, and sometimes, even insane.  As far as I know, that's how people see me anyway, so why not? :P

        If you get a chance, find out how the famous Brené Brown inspired my courage, and gave me an opportunity to touch the world in unusual but needed ways.  Maybe it will inspire you to do the same, in your own. ;)

        *steps down from the ramblebabble box and goes to find a liquid cookie*

(**That would be THIS blog post, which evidently I did finish and post. Ahem.)

        So... Yes, I did manage to finish this and throw it out there for you.  I have to admit, this is one of those moments when I'm leaving it up to you to take it or leave it.  If I keep waiting for my head to feel clear enough to post anything of real quality, you might never get anything else from me!  Which is, in and of itself, an opening of truth and vulnerability, and a means of moving the entire focus of the PB Project forward.  So, in a sort of meandering, convoluted sort of way, I inadvertently accomplished a number of things, here, and that was even more than I expected.  Not a bad way to end a blog post I hadn't intended on writing, hmm?

        Better days ahead, my friends!

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly



No comments: