Monday, January 2, 2017

In Review, and in Preview

        Something a little different this week.  I posted this elsewhere in my little world, but I felt like it was something worth sharing here, so I'm going to do it, maybe with slight differences.

So, what good things about this past year 
are you going to take with you into this coming year?

        I think...

  • I'm going to take the fact that I've proven I'm a lot stronger and a better survivor than I ever thought I was, and have been proving it repeatedly, especially lately.
  • I'm going to take the lessons I've learned about loving, and keep making the choice to do so, because it makes me more me, and more valuable as a human.
  • I'm going to take my heartache of the past and present, not so that I can cling to it and make myself a victim mentality, but so that I can learn how to rise above it and set myself free of it, and eventually heal of *all* of it.
  • I'm going to take my age and the power there is in it, the wisdom I've gained from living this long, and the very fact that I've made it this long, since many, especially with forms of gastroparesis and EDS I apparently have, don't get to.
  • I'm going to take my loved ones who are willing to come along, because you are my family, my "whanau", and I treasure you and others who haven't connected to me here (yet?); you give me strength and remind me why I'm doing all of this in the first place.
  • I'm going to take my hope, and my "incurable optimism", which have kept me alive and moving forward even when I haven't wanted to, and which I'm going to need quite a bit of, going forward.
  • I'm going to take whatever else of value I can find, and keep looking, because that is how building a life of value and purpose happens.

        That's a good start, hmm?

        What about you?  You can reply here, or over at the PB Facebook Community Page, where we have most discussions.  Blogger hasn't been allowing me to reply here, lately, so it's often easier to share over there at the FB Page.

        Better days ahead, my friends!

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly



No comments: