Monday, February 6, 2017

Just a Little Moment of Your Lifetime!

        This is one of those times when I take an opportunity to take advantage of something I shared elsewhere, recently, and use it as the foundation for a post.  Because I feel like actually publishing one this week, and I think this topic is as good as any.  I hope you agree!

It was from a personal, social media platform thingy, and while modified slightly, goes like this:

"I would like to take this opportunity to let you all know, and to let the record state, that I've been trying.  In this particular instance, to get a freakin' blog post together.
"And you know, earlier today I was getting kinda triggered at a lot of the posts going down the PB Pages Feed, trying to find posts to share on the PB Community Facebook Page, because of all the chaos in my world at present being reflected in a LOT of the posts those Pages have been throwing around lately - which is why I don't share those, btw.  And I thought, 'You know, I should go find one of those and use it as a base of energy and just write using that muse!'
"So I had to take care of some things tonight, as usual, and when I was done, I thought, 'You know, I have a few hours yet.  I should go find one of those posts and just ride it out!'"
"So then I get on my Feed, and... discover... the top three post sets are stuff from [a popular FB Page which posts funny memes], and blast it if I didn't blissfully dive headlong into those memes and think, 'You know, I should just let it go tonight, because for 10 minutes I'm not stressing out - and even smiling some - so all the better!'"
"So you know, I may or may not have a blog post to share, but as of right now, I survived 100% of my life, and I'm still going, so I'll take that."
        So, take that!

        I share this, partly because I want to share the idea that you, reader, are not the only person in the universe who has times when things are just kind of overwhelming and you have to take some time to decompress, which goes with the basic premise of the PB Project.

        I share this, also, because I'm a little weird that way.

        And I share this, also, because by doing so I have given you something to read this week, which in reality might not have been the most fulfilling, little moment of your lifetime, but maybe when you need to take a 10 minute break to just step back from things a little and regroup, you might remember that sometimes finding a healthy reason to smile can make all the difference in the world.

        Guess what, my friends?  We may or may not have just spent the most fulfilling, little moment of our lifetimes together, but as of right now, we've survived 100% of our lifetimes, and we're still going.  I'll take that.

        Better days ahead, my friends!

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

1 comment:

a step in the ocean said...

<3 my first read and i loved the little moment ,it was with a big smile i read it :) i am so over all thats going on with f/b ,,people are so cruel ,i have been unfriended ,bashed ,but at the end of the day ,its all good ,it was there choice to walk away ,life is hard enough to be sucked up by negative people anymore ,i have my share of ups & downs but i keep going ,i have to cos i dont have anyone else but my 4 furbabies :) im beginning to like them more than humans and some times thats sad ,the world stops for no 1 , so i have tooken a few steps back and a deep breath ,,i as always enjoy your post and some time the challenges you throw out with just words :) some make me realy think for which i am grateful for ,,,,,wishing you a beautiful evening { The Phoenix and The Butterfly }