Sunday, March 25, 2018

From Quirks to World Peace!

        Ever have those times when your internal dialogue runs in rhyme?  I mean, seriously: you're going around, doing your thing, and everything you think just happens to be some form of rhyming pattern? 

        Yes, I'm serious.

        No, I'm not joking.

        Yeah, I know.  Whatever.

         I didn't think I could answer that with a, "Yes," til last night as I was wandering around, getting the day shut down toward going to bed.  Suddenly I realized that everything I was thinking was in some kind of poetry.  And yes, I thought that was a little odd (for me), and why I decided it would make a topic for a blog post, I've no idea.  And yet, here we are!  So let's see what I end up making of it, hmm?

        Everyone has their own, unique way of processing the input they get from the world around them, and the things that happen within.  One of my friends tends to visualize the world in math problems, for some reason, but I have no clue how that happens in there!  Some of my friends have more than one thing processing in their mind at any, given time.  They are the ones who tend to be doing the little, "mindless" things that are focusing at least part of their mind so they don't get lost in the midst of it all; again, I've no clue. 

        Most of my internal processing is done the same way it happens externally: through scene imagery and/or dialogue of some sort.  When I was a kid it was like I was on some talk show or reality feature, having them asking questions or having me explain something about my situation.  As I've gotten older I tend to be connected to the internet in a variety of ways, mostly in contact with other people or writing like here in this blog, so my dialogue is mostly directed at whatever topic(s) I'm/we're discussing at the time.  Either way, it's my mind's way of taking what I'm experiencing both externally and internally and making some kind of sense of it.  Even when I write these posts I'm sorting thoughts and figuring out how to make enough sense that the reader(s) might be able to follow. 

        I suppose that might be why meditation came to me relatively easily; when I meditate, I'm simply finding a way to get the dialogue to stop, and if I find it has begun again, or memories are running, I refocus on the "shhhh" factor.  I have a few methods I use to do that, because the method is not as important as the process.  Perhaps you could say that when I'm not picturing something or running dialogue, my mind is relatively empty.

        Anyway, I generally do not think in poetry.  There have been times when I've written some, but typically at those times there is some kind of emotional drive there, rather than my just thinking random, relatively-normal things in rhyme.  It had me wondering if I'd end up with a poem for a post, but not so much - obviously.  Instead, you get my ramblebabbling about my weirdness.  But that wouldn't be the first time, would it?

        I think there must be a variety of things we do that if we really think about it, don't make sense sometimes.  We're all a collection of cells, nerves, processes, and development based on experience genetically, physically, mentally, and emotionally; we are our accumulation of experiences and circumstances, and I guess we shouldn't really be surprised when random things happen!  In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if we were all open and honest about our own, little quirks, we'd find out that those kinds of things aren't as random or weird as we think, because perhaps everyone has them, from time to time!

        It's probably not a surprise that where my mind went was from, "I have a really odd quirk going on," to, "Maybe by telling you that I have this really odd quirk going on, we can all come together and create more harmony in the world by realizing our similarities!"  That is kinda how my posts tend to go, right?  Sometimes I've started out with a rant or complaining and end up turning it around somehow.  That's another, odd quirk of mine, and I have had comments about it.  Funny, that. 

        Either way, yeah, I still think it's true, in that if we could be more focused on reaching out together and connecting, rather than being so busy running around doing stuff, or sitting there looking into a screen (said via a screen, mind you), we could actually get more done toward peace, love, and connection.  My personal perspective is that it seems like everybody in this world is ranting and fighting about creating peace, but not realizing that it's the ranting and fighting that's either causing or feeding the upheaval and contention in the first place.  But that's a topic for another post, another day.  We can focus on the weird things here, first, and go from there onto world peace!  Either way...

        Better days ahead, my friends!

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly



No comments: