Monday, August 19, 2013

To Start Is a Great Place to Begin

        You may or may not believe this, but I'm actually a rather private person.  The idea of sharing things I'm facing, and revealing what I keep inside my layered shell, is rather daunting.  You'd be amazed at how many posts I begin to compose, only to go through and sweep out a whole batch at a time, feeling they just aren't right, for some reason.  Lately I've had a difficult time with this fear trap.

        I just want to be careful that this project is more about sharing my path of discovery and growth in a way that might help someone else, rather than just me appearing to soapbox or ramblebabble.  Not that I don't do that...but that it isn't the point and purpose.

        Having said that, I see a potential, new phase of this Project.  Actually, a bit of growth, which is a good thing, if not kind of scary at times. 

        This Project started as an idea of a simple blog where I shared my musings about life, but then grew as I found that there were friends who felt there needed to be a place and way for friends to gather to help feel and share a positive influence in their lives.  Together, they suggested and supported my creating a Facebook Community Page and have been incredibly kind in their support.  I, myself, struggle with various health issues, of many types, and so I began to feel that, as I have searched for connection with others who can understand the weight I carry through life, there must be others who do the same.

        I began to realize that if I can only be brave enough to live and practice what I believe, perhaps others can draw from my attempts to gather strength from the support of others I meet along my way.  Let's face it: in reality, this project is simply an egocentric attempt to reach out to the world in search of hope.  But I have found in my life, that when one needs things like love, support, community, inspiration and hope, the best way to do that is through sharing whatever I have with others, who in turn can share theirs.  It becomes a mutually-nourishing relationship, and therefore all can benefit.

        Therefore, the past, few weeks, my life has introduced me to a new possibility that can be added to this Project.  The basis of the idea is an attempt at gathering hope for those who are in need of healthy coping mechanisms.  I have been introduced to a few, new ideas, and because I'm interested and feeling hopeful, I'd like to find a way of sharing them in the coming while.

I have a request of you, if you are reading this, and feel moved to help me in this endeavor.  The request is simply this:  to help me find ways that we can cope with the challenges we face in healthy, constructive ways. 

        I would love it if you would like to submit ideas in the comments below, on the Facebook Page, or in a private message to me at that page.  I'm hoping to collect some of the most common, as well as unique and/or unusual ones, so that we all have as many to try as possible.  I really can't do this without the help of others who have found successful means for themselves, because, quite frankly, I myself am still searching for ways to manage and cope with the challenges of my own life, so clearly I don't have a comprehensive list!

        Thank you, not just for your help, but simply for your support in reading my words and being interested in the Project.  Hopefully in the coming months we can work together to make this something that can really do some good.  I have yet to post anything, anywhere, without some level of anxiety, but I think my revealing that only helps reinforce that I am just another human being in search of answers, just like anyone else.

Better day tomorrow, my friends!





No comments: