Sunday, May 1, 2016

Excitement, Commitment, and Infinite Potential!

        Hey, look!  It's a post!  I've something to share, for once!  Let's hope it's something worthy of reading.  I know it's something I've found worthy of contemplating, this week, and I can't help but think I'm not the only person who ever has this experience, so hopefully we can all be better, for the sharing, hmm?

        If there is anything I've learned from running the PB Project for nearly three years, it's that there are a LOT of quotes floating around the internet!  They come in all sizes, shapes, colors, flavors, themes, and other types, and they are very, very popular, with posters highlighting them being a huge deal, especially for things like the PB Project Facebook Community Page and Pinterest boards

        Inasmuch as I do a lot of sharing from other Pages on Facebook, I scroll my Pages Feed, at least once, but usually twice a day, looking at the posts they've made or shared, to see what inspires me to also share.  I've seen a lot of quotes!  And every once in a while, one like this will cross my path:

"If you're not excited about it, it's not the right path." 

~ Abraham Hicks

        As with all the rest of the quotes out there, the way I feel about it depends on how I'm doing, personally.  Often, my inner response is neutral, though sometimes ones like this one bother me, as I've been feeling rather conflicted, lately, about my path, where it's leading, and what to decide about it, next! 

        This past week, however, when I took a look at it, I had a very different response!  All of a sudden, it was like butterflies erupted inside me, filling me with quiet but enthusiastic energy, and I simply knew that my path has been moving toward a change, that change is coming, and it's going to be good for me and my life.

        I'm not unfamiliar with this sort of thing.  Every once in a while, often when I'm least expecting it, I'll suddenly have it happen, and so I'll start looking around to see what I might be missing, needing or overlooking that could help me be as ready as I possibly can be for whatever is coming.  I have no idea what it is, except that it will change my life, and in a big enough way that I'm going to need to be mentally and emotionally prepared for it. 

        A good example of this phenomenon is the PB Project, itself.  As I've explained before, for at least a month before things got rolling on it, I had it happen while reading about the idea that if you want a fuller, richer, more on-purpose kind of life, you should practice scaring yourself out of your comfort zone, once a week.  So, since I'd already created the blog, though I'd left it unused for months not knowing what to do with it, when some friends wanted to have a place to share positive energy, I simply used the name I'd already chosen for the blog to create the Page on Facebook.  And thus, my first, few stretches of my comfort bubble began the process!

        So what does this mean, for me?  As of yet, I've no idea!  I simply know that while I don't really see it, now, I'm ready to do something that I've not done before, and I'm looking forward to that opportunity!  I'm not anxious, because it is something that has proven itself in the past to be wonderful, though testing, and trying, and exhausting at times!  But I always want to move forward in positive ways, learning and growing and hoping to be able to share what I learn, so this is a good thing, and I am excited, if in a quiet, thoughtful sort of way!

        Now, I ask you, my friends: do you feel excited about something in your life?  Do you have a direction you're moving, toward something that helps you feel alive?  Do you feel like you have purpose, and value, toward which you aim goals to help you achieve them?  Or are you feeling like you're sitting, stagnant, perhaps waiting for something you don't really think is coming your way?  

        I think one thing about this is important: you cannot follow a path if you are not actually moving.  How would you know you are on a path, at all?  How could you recognize it, if you simply sit and don't even look around to see where you are?  And how can you feel excited about something, if you don't even know it's there?  

        My friends, you have the power within you to live to your greatest potential, which is far more than you might realize!  You can achieve great things, if you are willing to put in the time, effort, patience, and dedication.  I shared another quote this past week, with the Facebook community:

There is a difference between interest and commitment.
When you're interested in something, you do it only when it's convenient.
When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.

~ Ken Bloanchard
        
        Do you have anything you'd give a commitment to achieving?  Are you working toward fulfilling that commitment, if not for anyone else, but for yourself?  Can you do so in a healthy way, mindfully balancing your dreams with your real-life reality?  I believe we can.  I believe in us.

        Let's do this.

        Better days ahead, my friends!

 ©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

 ©The Phoenix and The Butterfly



No comments: