Monday, January 30, 2017

Some Musing of Lessons and Random Vulnerability

        I've not been able to write much, lately.  Probably a bit of burnout, I'd imagine.  I keep getting to the point where I open the browser, start to put something into the keyboard and onto the screen, and then kinda just stare at it, no idea coming to mind as to how to continue.  Then I go to the archives and start searching for one I can share to the PB Community Facebook Page on Monday mornings (US time), and can end up in myriad emotions.

        This was the result of such a process.
I hope it's worthy of the time it takes to read it, if you do, in fact, choose to continue.  I kind of just decided to go with the flow and let it be whatever it ends up being.  So be it.

        The post I found this time was this one, called, "The Strength that is Weakness".  Is it weird to admit that I read my own post and sat there, tears in my eyes?  I mean, how weird, self-centered, or cocky does that sound?  I don't know... all I know is that because I read it, I can admit it.

Sure, I'll admit, once again: I'm human.
I'll admit that sometimes life feels like that.
And I'll admit that there are moments I just sigh at that younger me
and wonder if her promise had anything to do with my life, as it has played out?
Either way, I'm one of my word, and I don't easily give up on my word.
So, here I am, human, and admitting it.
(And feeling a bit awkward about it.)

        The other day I thanked the PB Community for being so amazing, because they (you?) really have been.  They've turned from a few of my closer friends who simply wanted a place to share positive energy, into - well, let's just say, a few more!  Each day, when I log onto the Page in order to sift through the notifications of activity, I read and respond to each comment on each post, and every time, my heart ends up smiling.  Some have become good friends, for which I am deeply grateful.  I've had some practical support, behind the scenes, and that has been a gift of monumental proportions, even if the actual acts might seem small.  

        And I've no idea how many readers I have who get the emails sent to your inboxes, because Blogger for some reason hasn't given that gift to me.  So there is no way for me to know if you get the messages and read them, because they don't count whether or not the emails get read - they only count page views, so if nobody clicks through to actually read it on the blog, it doesn't count - and so I've no way to know if they've mattered to you.  But thank you, regardless, because that matters to me, anyway.

        Some friends of mine were recently discussing whether we believe that challenges are there in our lives to teach us lessons.  I think perhaps we have challenges and we can choose to take lessons from them, either way.  We can then share those lessons when given the opportunity, and take from them even greater measures of understanding and wisdom, as we can.  It is kind of like "the gift that keeps on giving."  That is how we become deeper, more alive humans.  That is how we grow in all the ways we can.  That is how we become who we are to become.  And what a beautiful line of steps as we make choices which lead to our potential!

        To be honest, this post feels like a hodgepodge of random thoughts, as they came.  Perhaps that's what I have to offer, at the moment.  I did kind of figure that if you read the linked post, it would be a lot of reading if I rambled on forever in this one, though. If one or more of them happen to reach you in a way you needed it, then I'm glad to have given it to you in a moment of my own offering of vulnerability.  If not, then I had the opportunity to ponder a few things, and perhaps gain something from them, myself.  Either way, I hope it has value to add, somewhere.  Either way, thank you for reading it.

        Better days ahead, my friends!

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly


No comments: