Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Well, It's Still January, Right?

        Okay, yes, I know I'm not a big fan of "New Year's Resolutions".  And we're over 3 weeks past New Years, so I'm safe...right?

        Besides, this isn't a "resolution" at all, actually.  I'm merely seeing if there is a way for me to broaden my horizons a bit and perhaps enrich my life through a new exercise.

        Ahem.

        I got a new ebook called, Motivational Mondays by Christine Morgan.  (As it happens, you don't have to have a Kindle to download it... Kindle has free software for desktops and other devices. You're welcome for the free promo, of both of these products.)  (I am also using her references with Christine's permission.)  (I really don't have anything to add to this paragraph, but it occasionally amuses me to be silly, and hey, why not?)

        In this book, there are listed quotes and insights, of which the reader is encouraged to read one every Monday, in an attempt to begin the week with a bit less groan... because admit it, many do groan, and if you're one of them, it might help.  I happen to not have a particular day of the week that sends me into such dread and whatnot, so to me, this is just an exercise in rediscovering some of the light in my life that I feel I may have lost.

        Okay, I've no idea how successful I'll be with this, because well, I've not exactly been the most successful at being consistent at anything.  But hey, at least with (if only) this post, you'll see the idea, and might get interested in the possibility of doing it in your own life.  (And let me specifically mention... if I do nothing more than this post, it is no reflection on Christine's book.  I am rather impressed with it, and do recommend it.)

So, here we go:


Start Your Year with a Dream
Week 1

"Only as high as I reach can I grow,
only as far as I seek can I go,
only as deep as I look can I see,
only as much as I dream can I be."

~ Karen Ravn


        Christine then goes on to give some inspiring insights, and asks the following questions: 

What is your purpose and passion this year?  
Do you know how you will live it?

        My purpose and passion this year?  Well, for the answer, I'm going to have to use this project, The Phoenix and The Butterfly, naturally.  I need to give myself some credit, for having done a fairly good job of helping the process move forward, even if the PB Facebook Page has been continued with some help of little tricks, such as setting a reminder on my phone to post, for example. ;)

        I suppose that naturally leads into the second question.  To live it, I suppose I'll need to continue finding ways to work around my personal obstacles, such as a difficulty remembering to stay up-to-date on things; following through due to a lack of self-confidence, concentration, and mental function; mood fluctuations... you get the idea.

       Ahh... my life before the computer... was full of sticky notes, scraps of paper, notebooks, cryptic messages in smeared ink on my arm... yeah, I guess I've always been one for having a bit of a haphazard mental process.  At least now I have beeps, buzzes and chirps that occasionally remind me to look to see if I've forgotten something again.  Because being reminded that you've forgotten something again is so much fun!  I may even get to the point where I learn to set the beeps, buzzes and chirps to go off *before* the forgetting is a bad thing!

Well, okay.
I do know that much.
Don't ask me how, nor why.
Ahem.

        So... hey!  Look!  I actually did it!  Who cares that it's just minutes after midnight on Wednesday?  That's the point of this thing, anyway, right?  It's to start your week thinking in a more positive direction.  And I've been thinking.  In fact, I've even gotten to the point I've finished the process of thinking and actually produced something from all the thoughts!  Yay me!

        Thank you, Christine, for giving me something fun to try!

        Better days ahead, my friends.




No comments: