Sunday, December 29, 2013

Ohh, Is That Why It's A Cliche?!

*Warning: self-oriented-but-intended-to-have-a-point, musing, essay-esque post* (as so many are...)

        You know, it's true; that often-reworded cliche about how the best way to lift yourself is to help lift others is actually true!

        The most intensive, egocentrically-beneficial project I've had in a very long time, has been the PB Project.  It was started primarily as a means of helping others not feel so alone in challenges, but has developed into something greater (and greater than I even imagined it would ever be).

        Not only have I had kind feedback from my friends who have joined and participated (thank you!), it has started gaining growth beyond people I know!  But the best thing it has done, which I'd not really considered when I started, is that it has forced me to search out positive, uplifting and hopeful images and thoughts, as well as keep my generally-relatively-positive point of view, which has deeply helped me, too, esp this time of year, when things tend to seem a bit darker for me.

        I guess my intended point was just giving an example that shows that the cliche really is true: helping others really is a great step toward helping yourself.  Who'da thunk a cliche could possibly be true?! :P

Better day, my friends!


No comments: