Monday, May 5, 2014

The Cowardly Blogger

*peeks out timidly*
Is it Monday, yet?
(Words no one ever expected they'd read/hear in their lifetime.)

        But see, this week I didn't forget, despite some particular challenges that have happened over the past week.  Yay, me!  If only I had the guts to get out there and get the rest of my stuff done. ;)

        Betcha can't guess the theme of this week's Motivational Monday post, huh?


"Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
'I will try again tomorrow.'"

~ May Anne Radmacher

And Christine asks, "Can you have courage this week?  How will you do so?"


        Nope.  Not happening.  No way, no how, nuh uh.  The End.
.
.
.
.
     
        Well, okay, maybe not entirely the end...if you can read this, then I at least had the guts to post it!

        *sigh*

        I would imagine it is possible for you to imagine how nerve-wracking it is to publish these posts.  Just put yourself in my metaphorical shoes, then add another cliche or two, shake well, and see how you would feel if you were the one "supposed to" post this stuff. 

        If you actually can't, let me tell you: I'm really a bit cowardly when it comes to this sort of thing.  Often I'll get the cold sweats, dry mouth, flutters in my stomach, and much of the rest of it, simply approaching the "Publish" button!  Some days I even feel the quivers of nervous shaking.  This Project is not always the easiest thing for me to try to balance!

        In fact, I'm just gonna keep going on this line, because it's the thing on my mind, and quite frankly...my mind is kinda toast at the moment, so I'm keeping it simple.  I'll just go with it.

        This past week, the PB FB community page reached a milestone: 400 likes (!), and the number keeps climbing.  Sure, it's relatively small, as FB pages go, but hey, at first, when it was at 50 and I was wondering if I'd run out of loved ones who were supportive enough to play along!  Then suddenly, people I don't know started Liking it, and I was shocked!  It was intended as a place for my friends who had asked for it, to share and gain positive energy, together!  I had no idea anyone else would want to participate! lol!

        As things progressed, and 200 Likes became 300, I began to almost panic, putting myself on display to so many people!  How crazy am I, after all?!

        I must admit, it's becoming somewhat easier, now, because it has become something that I can see people want and appreciate, and suddenly...it isn't about putting on a display, but sharing something, intimately, in a way, that can connect people to their own inner worlds and perhaps help them in some way.  I know it's basic, and right now, it can't be much more than that, but evidently, for now, it is enough.

        For me, it really is a matter of seeing the support of those who have chosen to travel the Path with me.  What a beautiful gift, to have strangers, as friends, coming together to unite in a common goal!  I see people reaching back, sharing little pieces of their worlds, and it changes my days, my outlooks, and even my choices.  So...thank you.

"Can you have courage this week?  How will you do so?"
   
        The same way I have courage to do anything else.  With the help of those around me.  Simple as that. 

        Better days ahead, my friends.


©The Phoenix and The Butterfly
©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

No comments: