Monday, October 13, 2014

See That? Who's With Me?

        Have you looked at your calendar?  Have you seen how close we are to the end of the (Gregorian) year?!  Good grief...and if you remember, this personal challenge of mine didn't start on Jan 1st...so don't be counting your weeks by my posts lol!

        For Week 37, Christine gives this quote and question, with her comments:  

"Vision without execution is hallucination."

~ Thomas Edison

Who is going to help you execute your vision?

        Have you ever had a hallucination?  I must admit, I have.  Years ago, I had a bad mix of meds, and spent a rather surreal day in bed, being completely freaked out by Oprah's guests and hearing some rather odd things when the sound was muted.  Evidently there was a man speaking up in the attic on the other side of the wall, where there isn't an attic space, with a few women who found him rather interesting and funny, as he explained something I couldn't, quite hear, in a radio announcer's voice, to these women who were listening with rapt attention.  I tried very hard to listen, but the sound was too muffled for me to get a good idea of what was so funny!

        Not that the above has any relation to the post topic...really.  It does illustrate the idea of a hallucination, though.  Those people were not there, and nothing was to be done with nor about them.  They simply didn't have any real existence, and as soon as my body resumed healthy, semi-normal functioning, the strange sounds ceased.  And that is generally the nature of hallucinations.  So really, it did have relation to the topic.  Go me! \o/

         As far as vision goes, I believe Mr Edison meant it more like what we would call "dreams" or wishes...we want something, be it an actual object or an achievement, etc.. But he's right; if we do nothing but dream about it, it might as well be a dream in the night, like when you've dreamed that dream about being back in school, late to class and a test, and you can't remember if you studied, and you need a pen but can't find the right one, among the dozens you're finding or being offered, while the mechanical teacher asks you if you've taken the gopher out to dinner yet, because it really isn't nice to keep putting it off, when you could be getting extra credit!

What? You've not had that one?
Well, neither have I. *averts eyes*
Where were we? Oh yes, not dreaming!
I mean, not just visualizing!

         If we really want to accomplish anything, we're going to need to do more than want it! We need to take a step...any step...in that direction that will bring us closer to our vision's accomplishment! Goals need to be made, and met, that help us move from our vision, into our reality!

        A bit over two years ago, I began to believe that it would be great to have a blog that allowed me to tell some of my story, in a way that allowed me to both practice some skills and help others feel that they aren't alone on this planet! I've always had a thing for helping others, ever since preschool when the teacher asked me if I would be willing to help the new, little boy feel welcome in the class - which turned into an amazing friendship, by the way - but that's another story, for perhaps another blog...someday! ;-)

        I pondered the idea for a new blog for some time, before coming to the idea of a name for it, and the meaning behind the name.  The symbols of transition and rising from ashes seemed perfect for the place I was on the path and the one from which I came, and so, the title, "The Phoenix and The Butterfly" came to me.  I couldn't choose between them, you see...they both represent such powerful forces in my life, and if I leave one behind, it ceases to have power in my life...and I'm not done yet.  I'm not done transforming, and I'm not done rising every %$@& time I get burned to the ground!

        ...So, the blog was created, in August.

        ...And, it was customized and organized, and a test post set up that said it was a test post.

        ...And, that test post sat there, for a while.

        ...And, a while longer.

        ...Until finally, the time was right, and a small group of friends chatting on a comment stream of a post I'd made about being and sharing positivity spurred me into creating a Facebook Page, which naturally needed a name.  Since I already *had* a name I'd chosen for just such a project...the PB Project began!

        ...That was in June.  See?  Things wait til they're ready, sometimes.  You just have to be ready, first.

        I've had ideas, here and there, since starting this little adventure; this "little" adventure starting with about 10 people, and currently sitting at nearly 2200 people on the FB page, and various, unknown readers via the email "newsletter" feature.  And you know, there will be some fun things coming, and that brings me to my point!

Who is going to help you execute your vision?

Well, YOU, silly!
What is it you think you're doing, reading this?
You're already doing it!
Thank you! :-)

        So there you go!  No, I really am unable to answer a question with fewer than 100 words.  It's a genetic quirk, believe me.  But clearly...you don't seem to mind, so much.  You are, after all, still reading this. ;-)

        Better days ahead, my friends!

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly

©The Phoenix and The Butterfly






No comments: